International agencies, such as the United Nations and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) as well as national governments have required global companies to implement an initiatives to prevent bribery.
To reinforce its anti-bribery control, we at the Kyowa Kirin Group have established the "Kyowa Kirin Group Policy for Anti-Bribery Measures" and "Regulation for Anti-Bribery" and have rolled them out to group companies with the president's commitment, while providing annual continual training to executives and employees.
Our group companies pursue efforts on the prevention of bribery by installing an anti-bribery manager and help desk according to the guideline and regulation. We monitor and audit how each group company complies with the operational rules on bribery prevention and revision to anti-bribery low in each country, thus developing a framework for preventing bribery on a group-wide basis.
Kyowa Kirin Group Policy for Anti-Bribery Measures
Revised on March 14, 2019
We at the Kyowa Kirin Group recognize that bribery is a major barrier for sustainable development of society. We believe that it is important for us to engage in fair, transparent and free competition and transactions maintaining legal and ethical relationships with parties concerned with our business.
To prevent bribery, we behave based on the following principles.
- 1.We strive to be fully aware of and to strictly observe all anti-bribery laws and to comply with the spirit of anti-bribery guidelines in every country and region where we do business.
- 2.We prohibit any form of bribery with anyone, including unjustly providing or receiving money, goods, entertainment or other benefits in excess of the scope recognized to be appropriate under laws and guidelines of the countries and regions where we do business.
- 3.We urge business partners or agents not to conduct bribery.
- 4.We will refuse further dealings with any business partner or agent if we learn of any incident of bribery by them in connection with our business.
- 5.We require that all officers and employees report any violation known to them.