Clinical Research Policy
By conducting clinical research, Kyowa Kirin Group aspires to contribute to the enhancement of medical care, the advancement of medical and pharmaceutical sciences, and the health and well-being of people around the world.
When engaging in clinical research, we give maximum consideration to the protection of the human rights and safety of patients participating in the research. Furthermore, we strive to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and secure transparency in clinical research, scientific validity, independence and reliability.
We have established and are implementing the "Kyowa Kirin Group Clinical Research Policy", which summarizes our approach to clinical research and code of conduct.
Kyowa Kirin Group Clinical Research Policy
At Kyowa Kirin Group, our managerial philosophy is "The Kyowa Kirin Group companies strive to contribute to the health and well-being of people around the world by creating new value through the pursuit of advances in life sciences and technologies".
Life science-related corporations must conduct clinical research on humans to verify the efficacy and safety and to ensure the quality of pharmaceuticals, etc. The society, therefore, requires us to conduct ethical clinical research according to the rules of respective countries, while respecting the dignity and rights of human beings. At Kyowa Kirin Group, we will promote, sponsor or support clinical research based on the principles mentioned below, in order to provide highly quality information that is significant in terms of science and clinical research, while responding to the demands of the society.
- 1.We will respect the free will of the participants in clinical research and protect their rights, observing the philosophy of the Declaration of Helsinki.
- 2.We will respect the privacy of the participants in clinical research, protect their personal information and strictly manage the research data.
- 3.We will comply with the laws and regulations, guidelines, industry standards, etc., related to clinical research in the countries where the research is conducted or the results are to be submitted.
- 4.We will secure transparency of the clinical research through measures such as disclosing information and releasing the results.
- 5.We will conduct valid and reliable clinical research.
- 6.Aiming at realizing what are stated in above subsections 1 through 5, at Kyowa Kirin Group we will construct and operate an appropriate organizational system, and compatible business processes.